Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Day 10

Yesterday was a bit of a marathon. Have blisters on the blisters of my throttle hand. Stayed overnight in cheviot. Very nice sleep i had.

Headed up to Picton this morning was great super blue sky sunny day. Was hooning up coast thinking wow lots...but the road started heading inland again and the crosswinds came back. Is weird but this place has great bike roads but for the cross winds the gust suddenly and twist your front wheel. I overtook a lorry with vegetables (it was throwing cabbages at me....fucker never secured his load) and i could not get back into my own land tried to throttle my way out of it but just made it worse...hich is weird as usually more throttle fixes all problems. I was pooping me pants but gust went away and i got over sharpish.

Was so warm I sat at roadside cafe drinking bundeberg ginger beer with oakley mirrored shades occasionaly saying hello to other punters. Quite a cool way to waste time. I'm a bit ahead of schedule now. Tomorrow I head for most northerly point on south island and the pootle back around to christchurch overthe next few days.


1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

James I did do arthurs pass road on day 9 I think. Should be pics in latest photo album. Milford sound was kinda misty figured wouldn't be muich point doing cruise as was pretty dull.

Whales? Why? It's not like you get to shoot harpoons at them...now that i would pay to do!

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home