Sunday, March 06, 2005

Day 8

Left Queenstown....headed for Hasst and Fox Glacier over the crown ridge road. Crown ridge had mad switchbacks...was ace.

However it sarted to rain further west i went....was soaked to skin by time i Got to Haast had quick bowl of soup then carried on for another 130k till Fox Glacier at which point i surrender to hotel. Weirdly i saw 3 sports bikes going opposite direction. I can't begin to explain how wet and slippery it but lets just say hydroplaned right across road owing to wind gust. Was miserable. I knew the west be like this...all the kiwis say so but there was nothing for it. I have constructed a weird and wonderful coat hanger structure that holds up all my wet bike gear over a radiator.

I think it's going to be like this tomorrow in which case i just crack on regardless. fecking rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home